Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kelli's 100th post!!!

RandomThoughtsofaSUPERMOM

Go check out Random thoughts of a SUPERMOM! so you can tell Kelli what you are most looking forward to this summer.
I am so ready for summer to be here, My Mom was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma Cancer(cancer of the bone marrow) in January and has gone through radiation and we have been waiting for a refferal for her Bone Marrow/Stem Cell transplant, Well our waiting is OVER! YAH!!! We are all REALLY! excited but also REALLY! Scared. She will be going next Thursday for her consultation and we should know more then. We do know that it will be long process, We know that there will be several trips to be made to Jackson (which is about 3 1/2 hours from home), and we know that once they start the transplant process that it will take 1-4 hours a day for 5 days to take out her baby stem cells and then they will be frozen until she is ready for them to be ready to be reimplanted in which during that time she will go through extensive Chemo treatments to kill off all of the cancerous cells and then once she is (what the doctors have told us at her lowest) they will reimplant her baby stem cells, which will be 1-4 hours a day for 5 days. We know that she will be in Jackson @ University of Mississippi Medical Center for 3 to 4 weeks once the transplant starts.
As everyone who knows me knows I am VERY! close to My Mom, I live next door to My Mom & Dad, I take my mom to all of her doctors app. I see her every day and talk to her several times a day, so I am already REALLY!!! dreading not being able to be with her everyday that she in Jackson, But it is really hard to be able to go when i Have 3 little boys that need me at home, and can't go with me. We will be trying to go every weekend to visit this summer while they are in the hospital. (Ok, I am already a basket case and they haven't even left yet.) Please Pray that the transplant will work and that she will not need another one(about 50% of people need a 2nd transplant in 18 to 36 months because the cancer comes back, but because my mom is 60 almost 61 years old if she needs another they may not do it because it is to risky to do on anyone over 65 years of age (but i am trying not to think about that.) So that is what I will be doing this summer it is not going to be a nice relaxing summer but hopefully after all of this is over we will be able to have a nice relaxing end of summer bash to celebrate My Mom being Cancer FREE! and that will make all of the stress of the summer SOOOO! worth it.
Sorry, this post was to tell you guys to check out Kelli's blog and tell her what you are looking forward to this summer and it turned out to be a long post. Guess you can tell what has been on my mind for the last few days.

This is a pic of My Mom and My Boys!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

We will be praying for your whole family. I can't even imagine what ya'll are going through right now. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Jennifer W. said...

You're gonna go nuts without your mom there, but even more nuts knowing you're not with her where she is! We will keep praying for her, of course, but also for you and your ssanity!! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help out-I'm always here, for anything you need!
Jen

The Ranew Family said...

We are praying for your mom and also your whole family. If you need anything this summer please call me. I know you guys will get to have a cancer free bash at the end of the summer because that's what we're praying for :)

He And Me + 3 said...

I have already been to Kelli's...what a neat giveaway. I am so sorry about your mom, but will be praying for complete healing. I know what you mean...I see my mom everyday too and would be beside myself if we had to be seperated for a few weeks too.

Kelli said...

I have a friend who's dad just did the same treatment in Jackson! I will try to get her number for you so you can call and talk to her...I am sure it will help a ton to talk to someone who has been through the same thing!! They did all his treatments in Jackson took, so they might have some great info for you!! I hope everything goes good at the consult! We will just have to stay extra busy this summer taking the boys to the park and swimming to keep your mind off of ever thing going on!!