Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday!!!

Well, I know some of you may be wandering{or you may not be but I am going to tell you anyway} Lol!
I mentioned a few post ago that We {My Hubby and I} have been feeling the Lord leading our Family in a new EXCITING direction well that new direction would be:
The Lord has layed Adoption on my heart a long time ago, it was something that i thought about almost on a daily basis and prayed about.
Isaac and I had MANY discussion's about it, and Isaac always had his reservations about it.
Before we got pregnant with Grayson we went through a really hard time when we lost our first baby to miscarriage, we were both absolutely devastated, we at the time knew of no one that had been through a miscarriage other than My Mom with her first baby{back then you were not encouraged to talk about that kind of stuff}. So we felt completely lost and alone{or at least I did}.
But anyway we had several conversations about adoption back then because I was terrified of losing another baby. But we both still really wanted to have a child of our own if it was the Lords will, well as you know it was the Lords will for us to have children of our own and we were Blessed with 3 Beautiful Sweet Little Boys, Grayson, Brayden & Easton, and we could not be more Happy with what the Lord has given us.
We always wanted to have at least 4 kids if it was the Lords will.
Even as a little girl I always wanted 4 kids of my own {well actually 6 kids, I wanted the Brady Bunch it was my favorite show lol!} But I always dreamed of having 1 little girl. I have always been a Momma's girl so that is what I wanted.
About a year and a half ago Isaac said he too felt like Adoption was something that he now felt like we needed to pray about.
Well when we found out that we were expecting, we prayed that the Lord would show us what he wanted for our lives and that if he wanted us to adopt a little girl that he would bless us with another beautiful little boy, and well he did He gave us an amazing Little boy that will melt your heart with his pretty blue eyes and his big somewhat toothless grin {and of course his Awesome head full of hair}.
We have prayed and sought what God wanted us to do and prayed that if it was his will for us to adopt a little girl that he would open the doors for it to happen and that he would give us the smarts to know that he was opening them.
Well just in the last few months we have felt the call and prayed and we know that the Lord is opening the doors and leading us to Adopt our Little Girl. I don't think that I have ever been so at peace with anything, i have always been the kind of person that likes to know what is going to happen and i LOVE to plan things out. But i am just excited to sit back and give it God and let him take us where he wants us to go. {not that he needs me to tell what to do or where we want to go}. But he is working in us and in Our Family, The boys are really excited about having a little sister{Brayden asks if we can get 5, and I stopped myself the other day before i told him NO! because you never know what the Lord will call you to do.HaHa!} But God is working in us and the doors are opening.
We have found an Agency that has several offices in our area and we have talked to alot of people and are going to an Adoption seminar June 23rd that the agency asks that you go to. Easton our sweet baby will be 1 on July 8th {it seems unreal} but we are going to turn in our application on July 9th. The reason we are waiting until July is that your youngest child has to be atleast 1 year of age. So our youngest turns 1 on the 8th and the paperwork will be sent on the 9th.
We are going through the China program and are SO Excited about bringing a Beautiful Chinese Little girl HOME! We have been talking and praying with our pastor and we went before our church family this past Sunday and told them what the Lord had laid on our hearts and asked for them to please be praying for our family during this time. But we have also felt like the Lord is calling us to Adopt a waiting child{children with special needs minor-severe} we will wait upon the Lord to tell us which.
Our pastor told in church Sunday that we are following God where he leads us and we are praying that if he decides to close the doors for any reason that we will except it and know that if it were his will for us to Adopt that it would happen and if not we know that that will also be his will.
We might not understand it but we trust him.
Please Pray for Our Family, it will be a long road and an expensive road but God will provide what we need to get there.
I love all of you guys and cherish your friendships.

{If you have a minute take a look at this video and when it is over say a prayer for all of the children that deserve a loving home.}

"For you have not received spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15.

3 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Ok, I'm not watching the video tonight, but I'll watch it tomorrow! I told Kelli in her recent post about adoption that even though it is something we have always discussed doing one day, I have been feeling lately like God is not leading us down that path. It's strange how things change so quickly. Looking at the pics of all the beautiful babies makes me want to bring home 20, but in my heart, I know that is MY will, and that God's will doesn't seem to be in line with that right now. Maybe it's just a timing thing, and God will open doors later, who knows. I learned a long time ago to 'let go and let God!' Whatever happens, He has blessed us beyond measure as it is!! We do still want to try for one more of our own, and I pray that is in His will for us too! Y'all know we are praying you through this long journey you are taking, and we will be with you every step of the way. Let me know if there is anyway I can help!!
Jen

He And Me + 3 said...

That is so awesome...what an amazing journey you are getting ready to be a part of.

Tracy said...

What an awesome gift to give a child--a family that will love her!! This sounds like an amazing journey and we will be praying for you along the way.