Sunday, July 5, 2009

One Year Ago Today!!!

One year ago today, I was laying in a bed at Providence hospital looking like this:
I had gone to the doctor on Monday the 7th of July, and was told that I was in early labor. Your Daddy and I went out to eat and were told to be back at the hospital at 7:00pm to be admitted, My blood pressure was up a little, but we were a little suprised because it was not even close to time for you to be here.
On Tuesday the 8th of July,


We Welcomed a Beautiful Baby Boy into Our Family, after a very easy and fast Labor & Delivery
you were born at 1:02pm weighing 6 lbs 4oz. and were 19 1/2 inches long
you were 4 1/2 weeks early & you were so tiny.
And you looked like this:


I was able to hold you for maybe a minute and then they nurse realized that you had stopped breathing, the Doctor grabbed you from me and took you to the bassinet and they put you on oxygen, I have never been more scared in my life. After they put the little oxygen mask over your tiny little face you started to breath.
Your Daddy and I had no idea what was going on, but we knew that you were in great hands.
We knew that you were very blue, The Doctor told us that you had alot of bruising but that you were not breathing like you should be so they were taking you to the NICU.
We were so worried about you.



They had taken you to the NICU for observation and after a little while on oxygen you were breathing better. A Nurse and very Dear Friend of Ours Mrs. Marcia came in to see us and we told her what we knew was going with you {which was very little} and I told her how much I needed to see you and to know that you were ok, she went out to find out how you were doing and a few minutes later she came in rolling a little bassinet into the room with the most beautiful baby boy in it. She said you were breathing ok but they were going to keep you in the NICU for awhile to moniter you, but that she knew that we needed to see you and to hold you, but she would have to stay in the room with us as long as we had you in case you stopped breathing again.



Your Daddy ran out to get your brothers and Poppy's and Shashi, and they came in to see you. We let Brayden hold you first, he held you for just a second and then Grayson got to hold you, which didn't last long because you stopped breathing again and Mrs. Marcia rushed you back to the nursery.


It was a very long week, I can speak for Your Daddy and I by saying that that was the longest week of our lives. All of your Aunts and Uncles and Cousins were there and of course your brothers and your Poppy's and Shashi. They all stood guard outside of the nursery so they could let me know what was going on with you.



At about midnight the night you were born we were finally told that we could go to the nursery to see you, we were SO Excited, Your Daddy and I came to see you and this what we saw:




You were and still are so sweet!
I have never had such a mix of emotions, we were SO Happy that you were here, but we were so worried about you, and so scared that something would happen to you.
We were not able to touch you for a few days because when someone touched you, you would go into respiratory distress. So we spent many hours standing by your bed praying over you, and waiting for the time that we would come to the nursery and they would hand you to me. You had Great nurses, Nurse Amiee and Nurse Sherry were Awesome and of course all of the doctor's that checked in on you.
I would get up after your Daddy would fall to sleep at night and go to the window and look in on you and if they were not working on a baby I would come in the nursery and just stand by your bed.
I can not forget one of the times i walked into the nursery to check on you when your Daddy was asleep and Nurse Amiee was getting your bottle ready and before I knew it your Daddy was standing behind me {I promise i tryed to be quiet when i left the room, not that he didn't want me going to the nursery to check on you but if I had my say i would have been in the nursery all of the time and with my blood pressure still high i was supposed to be in the bed, not standing up all day.
But i remember him coming up behind me and asking if you were ok and I said yes and he asked if I was ok and I said "I would be if they would let me hold you" and Nurse Amiee said well i think i can make that happen, that was the best words i think i have ever heard. We couldn't take you out of the incubator so we held your little head up and fed you.
This is the 1st time I got to feed you:




After several days in the NICU you were able to come to be with us in our room for 2 hours at a time, We were so glad that we were able to hold you when we wanted to.
You had several episodes the day you were able to come to our room where you stopped breathing. I was also released from the hospital that same day, but we had a wonderful doctor that let us stay in an extra room until you were able to come home. After alot of Prayers you were able to come home on an Apnea Machine which you still wear to this very day but now you only have to wear it when you are sleeping or when we are traveling {anytime that my eyes can not be directly on you}. Your big Brothers were so excited to get to see you and to hold you!




You are nothing short of a Miracle and We Thank God for you every day. We have come so close so many times to losing you and We know that God has a very special purpose for you.
We were very blessed to be able to bring you home when we did. We did have to keep you at home for 4 months {other than doctor's appointments}. It was a long 4 months but if it meant protecting you i would do it again in a heartbeat.
We Love You more than Words!





You are an Amazing Little Boy, you have the most beautiful blue eyes. You are a Big Momma's Boy[Which I LOVE!!!} You Love your Big Brothers whom you think are the 2 funniest boys in the whole world. You make the sweetest little faces at Your Shashi when you wink with both eyes and wrinkle your nose at the same time. You are a Poppy's buddy. And you get the Biggest grin on your face when your Daddy walks through the door. You say Momma, Da Da, Bubba, Hey, Bye, Haydee{Cousin Hailey}, Plop Plop{Poppy's} My My {Shashi}, You play patty cake, You are taking several steps at a time, you are a great sleeper and you are just a very content baby. You have also started this totally Adorable Fake Crying which makes us absolutly crack up.
Easton Barton Graham, We Love You and are So Thankful that God has Blessed us to be your Parents.
I Love You Baby Boy!

6 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

How sweet. I'm tearing up because I can remember sitting at home, looking at Emmie and not even being able to imagine what you and Isaac must be going through. I remember feeling so helpless, and I remember praying so hard! I remember trying to visit when Easton was finally better and Noah throwing up in the hospital parking lot and we couldn't come up because he had germs!! I'm so thankful everything turned out fine! Happy Birthday, E, we love you!
Jen
P.S. I left you a message on FB too.

Leigh said...

Very Sweet.

So so so excited and praying for you this week :)
Hopefully you will hear back quickly!

The Ranew Family said...

That is the sweetest post ever!! I hope that he is having a wonderful 1st birthday today!! He is truly a miracle!!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Easton!!! I can't believe he is already one.

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Easton!!! I can't believe he is already one.

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Happy Birthday to Easton!