Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Ready or Not" Here it Comes!

Thursday the Boys & I took My Parents to Jackson For Mom's checkup with her Oncologist.
No one under the age of 13 years is allowed in the doctors office so we pulled up, dropped Mom & Dad off and we sat in the Expedition while they were in the doctor.
We had gone in the Medical mall down the hall from Mom's doctor and Mom called me to see where we were.
We walked down to meet them outside and Mom asked me if we were ready and I said yeah we are and then she said no "Are you ready" and I said YES!
She then looked at me again and said no are you ready and i said for what and she said that her doctor told her that she would go into the hospital Tuesday, I of course said "This Tuesday" and she laughed and said Yes! I promise you we got outside got in the SUV she called my Brother & 2 sisters and they said the exact same thing i said, then Mom called her older sister and she started crying and said but I'm not ready for you to go in the hospital.
So needless to say we have had a VERY busy weekend trying to get everything ready for Mom & Dad to go to Jackson.
We had to pack them for a whole month.
We had to go buy some things for them that they needed at the hospital and some things that we will need while Mom is in the hospital.
I have been online for the last 2 days trying to find a really good deal on 2 Hotel rooms{It ain't cheap paying for 2 hotel rooms for a month} but everything i found was really expensive or in a bad part of town.
But this afternoon My sister called her Daughter Hailey's Aunt{My Sister & Brother in law have Guardianship of Hailey} who's Dad owns a few hotels in Mississippi, he has a brand new Hotel {which is an extended stay hotel, with a kitchen and living area}in Jackson about 2 miles from the Hospital where My Mom will be and they are just opening this week {coincidence? I don't think so} And he gave us an AWESOME deal! And the other best part is it's RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO SUPER TARGET!!!!!!!!lol!
But anyway, My Mom, Dad, and My 2 Sisters are leaving tomorrow {Monday} afternoon heading to Jackson. My Mom will go into the Hospital Tuesday morning @ 8:30am.
She will have surgery to have her pic line put in and then will have her 1st round of High dose Chemo. We {Myself, Hubby & Boys} are leaving Tuesday afternoon when Isaac gets off of work and we are heading to Jackson, Wednesday Mom will have her 2nd round of High dose Chemo, Thursday will be a day of rest and Friday she will have her Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant. She will be in the hospital for 1 month {31Days}. She will be on the Transplant floor the whole stay.
We{my sisters and I} are going to be taking turns staying the night with her at the hospital so Dad can go back to the hotel with Isaac & the boys to sleep at night. We are all REALLY nervous about all of this. We have waited for so long for her to get the ok from her doctor but now that she has gotten the ok it just seems really rushed.
Please keep My Mom in your prayers and our Family. It is really going to be hard watching her be sick and watching her get so low.
We will be staying in Jackson until Sunday and then we will come home for a few days for Isaac to go to work {gotta have a pay check} a couple of days and then we will be heading back to Jackson next Wednesday night to stay until the following Monday. We will then be going up every weekend until she gets to come home. Once she is home she will be AT HOME! for 70 days.
Please remember My Boys in your prayers, they are so young and are so used to seeing My Mom at least every other day, but after tomorrow they will not get to see her for her entire hospital stay and we are still not real sure if they will get to see her for the 70 days after she gets home. We are going to go next door tomorrow and spend the morning with Her before she heads out and try to let the boys get in as many hugs and kisses as they can {like 100 days worth}. Let me just say "I DON'T THINK I AM READY FOR THIS!"
But "Ready or Not Here it Comes!"
I will try to keep everyone up to speed on how she is doing and if i start to fall behind I am sure that my Bestie Jennifer will do a great job posting updates for me.
If you get a chance and would like to leave My Mom a message just to let her know that you are praying for her you can visit her Caring Bridge site @ www.caringbridge.org/visit/marthabarrow
Thank You all for Your Thoughts and Prayers! We love you all.

4 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Praying hard for all of you today!! Let me know if there's anything I can do, and of course I'll post updates as needed!!
Jen

Leigh said...

Praying for all of you.

Remember Joshua 1:9, Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

God is with you sweet friend, God is with your mom even in those low low points remember that God is there be strong for her and encourage her to be strong in Him.

He & Me + 3 said...

I will continue to pray. He is God through it all. He is our healer. Praying for peace & healing.

Tracy said...

I will be praying for all of you.