Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saving Money at PUBLIX!!!

We have been really praying about ways to cut back for many reasons,
one being we have $ 30,000.00 to raise by possibly December 1st, 2010. LOL!
But also because we want to be better stewards of our money. So I took a coupon class that a few of my friends have been telling me that I needed to go to too this past weekend, and learned ALOT!
So the Hubby, my sister {who was home visiting}, the 3 little ones and Myself loaded up this morning and headed to Publix an hour away from our home, but Oh, so worth the drive!
I had my coupon binder {I'm a newfound coupon junkie. hehe!} my sale papers and my list ready for some shopping!
I am so excited about what all we got and how little we spent and how long it will last!

Here are a few pics and a list of the thing's we came home with. I have had several people tell me that they just didn't think they would have time to clip coupons and search the store ads and be able to save much, but I am proof that it is possible.





2) jars Ragu spaggatti sauce, 2) jars Ragu cheese sauce, 2)jars Alfredo sauce, 6) cans Green Giant Green Beans, 6) cans GG Corn, 4) cans Progresso soup, & 4) cans tomatoes.


2) 100 count boxes Lipton tea bags, 2) 24 count Lipton Family size tea bags, 2) Folgers coffee & my best buy 6) 64 oz. bottles of Juicy Juice.


2) Bottles LouAnn canola oil, 2) angel hair pasta, 2) Kraft salad dressing, 2) PAM cooking spray, 4) boxes Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, 2) Knorr's pasta mixes, 2) onion soup mix, 1) 5 lbs. bag sugar.


1) box Lucky Charms, 1) box Cookie Crisp, 1) bag Doritos, 2) 6pks. Ramen noodles, 2) bags Chex Mix, 1) Loaf Sara Lee bread, 1) loaf Sourdough bread, and 8 large apples.

2) Gogurt yogart, 4) GG Steamers, 4) cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, 1) Jello Pudding, 1) Smithfield sausage, 1) Tyson Any'tizers chicken.




3) Colgate toothpaste, 2) Softsoap, 2) Lysol spray cleaner.
And 1) GIANT sugar cookie!, {And I also got 2) tubes of Mentos Gum.}

Spent: $ 117.52 and Saved: $ 99.24



Can't beat that!




Grayson was impressed with the length of the receipt!




4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow girl you did great. I wish we had a publix by us. I got the package yesterday. Thanks so much. CUTE!

Leigh said...

Love me some publix!!! best grocery store ever!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

I always see that people get great deals at Publix but I didn't know we had one close by! Where did you go?!?

Jennifer W. said...

So cool. Maybe we can get a group to go once a week-I've got plenty of room!! We'll have to try an leave the kids at home. ;)
Jen